|Full policy name||Glen Eden Playcentre – Adult Conduct policy|
- To ensure centre members understand how to keep themselves safe from accusations of child abuse when undertaking personal care of young children.
- All adults are responsible for the safety of children present at Playcentre.
- A minimum of two adults will be on duty every session. [Association specific guidelines]
- Adults should tell another adult when taking a child, other than their own to the toileting or nappy changing area.
- Toileting facilities are managed to ensure maximum visibility yet sufficient privacy.
- The approved adult : child ratio will be upheld at all times during session. Should a spontaneous excursion occur the adult : child ratio will be maintained as stated in the Excursion policy. There must be adequate First Aid for both groups
- Adults enrolling in Playcentre will be informed about this policy.
- Playcentre will hold up-to-date resources on the recognition and prevention of child abuse for centre members.
Accusations of Abuse at a Session
- Any adult accused of child abuse at a session will be taken off session duties while the complaint is investigated.
- Support will be provided by another centre member, or association personnel, or referral to the human rights commissioner will be made while the complaint is investigated.
- If the complaint is upheld procedures will be taken to terminate the membership or employment of the person accused. See child protection policy for investigation procedure.
Regulations and policies
- ECE Regulations 2008 43, 46 & 47
- Ece Licensing Criteria 2008
- Curriculum C3 & C13
- Health & Safety HS 17, 31, 32, 33
- Governance & Management GMA 2 & 7
Related centre policies
- Communication with parents
- Complaints procedure
- Child protection
- Excursion policy
- Positive behaviour policy
- Breaking the Cycle, an interagency Guide to child Abuse CYPFA